You can sidestep would-be scammers by following these 6 common-sense rules:
- Deal locally with folks you can meet in person - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on Contractor Floor Tools.
- Never wire funds via Western Union, Moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- Fake cashier checks & money orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- Contractor Floor Tools is not involved in any transactions, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
- Never give out your financial information. (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
- Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that Only a scammer will "Guarantee" your transaction.
Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
Internet Fraud Complaint Center
FTC Video: How to report scams to the FTC
FTC online complaint form
FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
Consumer Sentinel/Military (for reports from services members or their families)
SIIA Software and Content Piracy reporting
Ohio Attorney General Consumer Complaints
Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre or 888-495-8501 (toll-free)
If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
If you suspect that a Contractor Floor Tools post may be part of a scam, please send us the details
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
MN Business Catalyst Developer
- Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
- Western Union, Money Gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee"
- Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consumating transaction